Camille Aboudaram (b. 1989) is a French visual artist currently based in Lisbon, having graduated with a BA in Photography and Illustration from the University of East London (2015).
Aboudaram works mainly within the genres of fine art and landscape photography, combining photography with illustration techniques when relevant. She often experiments with pairing photography with crafts or unexpected material and processes (e.g. drawing, painting, sewing, collage).
In illustration, she uses a range of different mediums such as collage, hand-drawings, computer based illustration or printmaking.
Aboudaram’s work touches upon issues of identity, otherness and marginality, as well as popular culture and the idea of accessible art.
Poetry and humour are essential in her work.
Amongst the various photography exhibitions Aboudaram completed since 2012, she has exhibited in London (Candid Arts, Truman Brewery), Oakland CA, Caldas da Rainha and Lisbon (solo show at the Arquivo Fotográfico Municipal de Lisboa with (we are) the Ghostly Others, 2015). In 2016, her first photobook (we are) the Ghostly Others (Lisbon, 2014) was part of the official Photobook Market selection in the festival Encontros da Imagem in Braga.
In illustration, she has exhibited in Lisbon’s streets as part of Paratíssima (2016), performed live illustration (Live Hazard Music and Illustration Party, London, 2015), self-published greeting cards and collaborated with Lisbon galleries such as Monumental, STET, O! Galeria and Mala Pata Gallery.
- Significação: Outras Imagens do Jardim, winning project with Moonscape Reverie at Mu.Sa, Sintra, Portugal
- Pequenos Formatos, Grandes Ideias, group exhibition (illustration) at Galeria Monumental, Lisbon, Portugal
- Collaborations with O! Galeria and Mala Pata Gallery (illustration), Lisbon, Portugal
- Encontros da Imagem, official Photobook Market selection with (we are) the ghostly others, Braga, Portugal
- Paratíssima Lisboa, Lisbon, Portugal
- Live illustration at Live Hazard Music and Illustration Party, Cafe 1001, London
- (we are) the ghostly others, Arquivo Fotográfico Municipal de Lisboa, Portugal (solo show)
- Free Range, graduation show, Old Truman Brewery, London
- A Small Sampling of Redstickman Art, Azure Salon, Oakland, CA
- (we are) the ghostly others, STET, Lisbon, Portugal
- Daydreaming, Caldas Late Night ’18, Caldas Da Rainha, Portugal
- Islington Contemporary Art and Design Fair, London